Facelift & Mid-Face Lift by Corona Facial Plastic Surgeon
Ray Khan, M.D.
Estrella Aesthetics & Surgical Arts
Remove Coarse Wrinkles, Excess Skin and Alleviate Folds with a Facelift
Ray Khan has performed more than 1,000 surgical facelifts in her career. She has performed all types of facelifts: mini facelift, extended mini facelift, standard facelift, deep plane facelift and mid facelifts.
The appearance of a facelift result can be achieved through nonsurgical techniques that provide volume replacement of volume deficiencies through the use of skin or dermal fillers, such as Perlane (temporary) or Artefill (permanent). Volume replacement can also be achieved through autologous fat transfer, taking your own fat to enhance and rejuvenate your facial appearance.
Alternatively, there are procedures that tighten your skin (radio frequency procedures) and laser skin resurfacing procedures (fractionated CO2 laser or MicroPeel laser [2940 nm laser] options), which cause both skin tightening and wrinkles improvement.
Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about facial wrinkles and lines? Want to look younger and more beautiful by eliminating drooping skin on your face?
Ray Khan will help you decide on the most efficacious options for facial rejuvenation:
- Volume replacement
- Skin tightening
- Wrinkle improvement
- Suspension of soft tissue
Ray Khan, M.D. can help you look younger by tightening your facial skin and eliminating wrinkles making you look several years younger with a Facelift. Surgical Facelift Options include the following:
1. Standard facelift
2. Mini-facelifts- a minifacelift undermined the skin of the face about 5 cm (2 inches) from the ear area. The advantages are less discomfort, more rapid recovery of about five days, however, the results in some patients may be not as dramatic, especially if they have signficant jowling and midface drooping (ptosis)
Ray Khan worked for LifeStylelift for two years part time and has done over 600 Lifestylift procedures. She also does other minifacelift procedures:
c. Craniofacial suspension
d. Short incision facelift
She also performs the Extended minifacelift, which undermines the skin down to the mouth area, although the midface area is not lifted or suspended.
This procedure has a better aesthetic outcome in patients with more significant jowls than the minifacelift, with a more rapid recovery, less pain and swelling than a standard facelift.
Mid-facelifts are also an option. This procedure elevates or resuspends the midface (area below the eyes and the cheek area) with only a mild change to the jowls.
Ray Khan has performed more than 1000 facelifts in his career, much more than most surgeons throughout their entire career. Ray Khan has published a paper helping plastic surgeons choose the most appropriate facial rejuvenating procedure for the patient’s individual appearance.
Benefits of Facelifts, Mini-Facelifts and Mid-Facelifts:
- Look up to 10 years younger by tightening your facial skin and re-suspending droopy soft tissue.
- Enhance your appearance by eliminating facial wrinkles, lines and “droopy” skin.
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence.
Facial rejuvenation can be achieved through a variety of surgery techniques depending on one’s concerns and our anatomical findings.
How the Aging Process Works:
There are three main facial changes as a result of the aging process:
- Skin changes to include: Skin wrinkles can result from both environmental effects, such as sun exposure and smoking, and lines of facial expression. Your skin begins to loosen on your face and neck. Crow’s feet appear at the corners of your eyes, horizontal lines appear on your face
- Facial fat pad and subcutaneous fat absorption creates redundant skin and volume deficiencies.
- Drooping of facial and/or neck skin from either loss of support or absorption of the underlying fat results in vertical folds appearing on your neck.
Fortunately you can “turn back time” and look about 10 years younger with a facelift or forehead and eyebrow lifts. This is why facelift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, has become the third most popular facial plastic surgery procedure in the United States.
- The “Mini Facelift” is a revolutionary cosmetic treatment used for tightening your skin and eliminating facial wrinkles in a minimally invasive way. A mini-facelift delivers impressive results, however, not as significant suspension as a traditional standard facelift.. The mini-facelift rejuvenates the lower one third of the face and the neck.
- A Standard Facelift will be used if you need significant lifting of your facial or neck skin to achieve tight skin and muscle structure. For example, if your cheek fat pad has drooped and needs to be resuspended, or if you have a significant amount of anterior neck skin that needs attention. Also, patients who have undergone bariatric weight loss surgery tend need a standard facelift.
- A Mid-Facelift may be recommended if there is midface drooping resulting in the middle of the face pulling down on the lower eyelid showing more of the white of the eye, or if you have drooping facial soft tissue that results in a jowl. Ray Khan performs the least invasive type of midface lift with the midface lift incisions located both inside the mouth and in the temporal hair line or through a subciliary incision (below the lower eyelid lashes). The advantage of this procedure is no incisions on the face.
Contact Estrella Aesthetics & Surgical Arts’ Office for Your Free Consultation:
Ray Khan and his staff are happy to discuss the Facelift, Mini Facelift and Mid-Facelift procedures with you and answer your questions. Please feel free to call Estrella Aesthetics & Surgical Arts at Corona CA (951) 272-4455